Leather watches are one of the classiest variants of watches out there in the world. They are perfect for both formal and casual wear. But it is also prone to getting stained. Timely care of your watch strap will ensure it continues to good and feel good along with prolonging its life.
These tips will help you get a clean leather watch strap.
Cleaning Leather Watch Straps:
- Do not use a wet cloth or immerse the leather strap in water
- Do not use aggressive detergents such as the ones used to wash utensils
- Do not dry in the sun as this may cause bleaching in some cases where the leather was artificially colored
- Wipe with a dry cloth: Moisture gets trapped between a leather watchband and your skin and hence it is very important to wipe moisture and dirt from your strap after every use. Wiping the leather strap before cleaning it more thoroughly will ensure that dirt will not scratch it when you are scrubbing. A soft cotton cloth or microfiber cloth (the ones you get when you buy screen guards or spectacles) is great for wiping a leather watch strap
- Scrub with soap and water: Pat down the watch strap with a damp (not wet) cloth. Put a small dab of mild, moisturizing hand soap on the cloth and scrub the watchband on both sides. Rinse and dampen the cloth with clean water and wipe the watchband clean. Dry the watchband thoroughly. Make sure to allow the strap to air dry before wearing the watch
- Condition with Leather Conditioner: Leather conditioner keeps leather moist, which can prolong the life of a watchband and keep it shiny and soft. Just buy a pack based on the extent of your watch collection and follow the instructions on the package.